Mimic Analytics

1. Intro Video and Text Below

On the intro page there are two sections under the intro video, but it isn't clear what they are. At first I thought they were just the text version of the video and ignored it. But then I noticed they didn't follow the video but still weren't mentioned. If these two items aren't tied to the video, I wouldn't keep them on the same page. I think most students will ignore them.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Round 1 - Data Transformation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guides Are Overwhelming

The Guides seem very overwhelming. There is a lot there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Round 1 - Data Transformation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clearly Show when I complete Decision

There really isn't a clear way of knowing what decisions have been completed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Round 1 - Data Transformation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a way to validate data decisions

In the data analysis work I've done I typically don't remove or change data points without understanding the root cause for why the data was skewed.

My idea would be a place to validate the data. Before an action occurs I should have two points of data the validate my decision. But, for an mvp I suppose the exercise is fine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. .csv upload

The upload the Search Traffic will not upload my .csv I've made sure multiple times that it is a .csv and it says that it is still an invalid file type.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Round 1 - Data Transformation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Round 1A Decisions and Run Simulation Constraint

Just like with Mimic Social, people feel we should have decisions for each round that prevent a student from moving forward. If there are no decisions that check off there is nothing preventing a user from blowing through these instructions and not reading a single word. There should be something in place to keep them from clicking run simulation right away. As a support rep, it would be annoying to receive a lot of tickets from students and professor that need to be rolled back to round 1A because they did not read the instructions and have no idea what…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow use of Google Sheets

Google sheets compatibiiity

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Round 2 - Data Transformation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Overall UX

Improved User Experience

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Test Feedback

Give your feedback here.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You have to erase the zero when putting in the budget allocation

When you put an amount in the box, you have to erase the zero. Can we make it so you don't have to do that?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Embedded excel tutorials where you download the excel file

It would be awesome if there was a link to a brief tutorial video on each excel file that was downloaded, or it could be embedded here too I guess. -Stu

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Color of text is hard to read

The color of the instructions switches between black and a light gray which is harder to read on the screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Objective is confusing

The objective of the sim was unclear. I thought at first the plan was to simply clean up the books. Removing outliers wouldn't make sense if so. Knowing the position is to project for the future should be clearer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Color of sim changes

The simulation on the outside badge is a rich red but inside is almost a metallic orange. Which color are we sticking with?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Name of Data Files

Name of downloaded files have the word "Dirty" that doesn't look professional

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Budget Allocation Not Consistent Between Rounds with Preset Activity

Budget Allocation Marketing Strategy already Set in Round 3A but this is not the case for the previous Rounds

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Round 3 - Cluster Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Budget Allocation Not Consistent Between Rounds

Budget Allocation in 1B has a preset of 1000, but this isn't the case for 1A. Why the inconsistency?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Round 2 - Data Transformation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Balance Not on Every Page Consistently Between Rounds

Balance is on every page in 1B but this is not the case in 1A

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screenreader doesn't Work

Anyone using a screenreader could not use this simulation. It only goes to Home, Guides, Help, Run Sim button, and Continue button. I know nothing about Round, what page I'm on, and where I'm at in the sim. It doesn't even read the text on the page to me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard ADA Issues

Sim is not Keyboard compliant for ADA. I can't even navigate to the different pages.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base